The Consumer Services Representative Payee Program accepts new consumers on a case by case basis, but generally is currently only accepting new consumers who do not already have a Representative Payee.  All Representative Payees must be authorized either my the Social Security Administration or the Veterans Administration, whichever applies.

If you are interested in having a Representative Payee, and have never had one, please contact the Topeka Social Security Administration (SSA) office first at 1-800-877-805-6675.  That needs to be your first step, as SSA must first discuss this with you.  Breakthrough House must first be authorized by SSA to be your Representative Payee.  

If SSA gives you a green light to find a Representative Payee, then call Kathy at BTH (232-6807 x103) and make an appointment to have you and your case manager sit down for an preliminary interview.  This will take about an hour.  There is an application process that must be followed.

Thank you for your interest in Breakthrough House!

Please contact Kathy at 785-232-6807 x103 for more information.

Thank You!

Follow us on Facebook by clicking the logo below.


Network for Good

Shopping Donations
Use Giving Assistant to save money and support Breakthrough House Inc.

Use Giving Assistant free to support Breakthrough House Inc. while you shop. Find out more.



Go to top